The first capacity building seminar for employees of public sector structures under the
supervision of General Secretariat for Gender Equality (GSGE) who work in the field of
support and protection of Gender Based Violence survivors, was successfully
completed, with the participation of more than 20 participants.
The seminar, which took place between 31/10 – 02 /11/2017 in Athens, was attended by
professionals of women’s counseling centers and shelters for female GBV survivors
supervised by the GSGE, as well as staff of the SOS-Line “15900”.
The participants were introduced to and participated in working groups on:
• International protection and its legislative framework,
• Cultural diversification,
• Harmful traditional practices,
• Management of cases originating from the refugee population
• The core principles of using interpretation services,
as well as other issues related to the protection of migrant and refugee women.
The next training sessions will be held in Thessaloniki and Larissa.